Consultation & Training
Workshops and Training … FPS offers training that is customized to fit the needs of your organization.
FPS clinicians frequently provide training for child welfare, mental health and criminal justice professionals locally, nationally and internationally and a number of our clinicians hold academic appointments in psychology and medicine.
Past training topics have included:
- Psychological Treatment: What Works & Why?
- Mental Health First Aid (Adult and Youth)
- Holistic and Integrated Approaches to Treatment
- Blending Western and Indigenous Approaches to Treatment/Healing
- Therapeutic Engagement & Motivation
- The Role of the Therapeutic Relationship in Treatment
- Stress & Anxiety Management for School-age Children and Adolescents
- Anxiety Disorders in Children & Adolescents
- The Impact and Treatment of Childhood Trauma
- Secondary Trauma among Mental Health, Child Welfare and Criminal Justice Professionals: Impact and Wellness
- Unique Challenges for Female Mental Health, Child Welfare and Criminal Justice Professionals Who Work with Men
Training Site … FPS serves as a training site and has offered training rotations for:
- Residency Programme, Department of Clinical Health Psychology, University of Manitoba
- Residency Programme, Department of Psychiatry, University of Manitoba
- Clinical Psychology Programme, Department of Psychology, University of Manitoba
- Criminology Programme, Department of Sociology, University of Manitoba
- Certificate of Applied Behavioural Analysis Program, Extended Education, University of Manitoba
- School of Psychology, Fielding Graduate University
- Athabasca University